Greensburg Art Center
In 1929 a small, dedicated group of Greensburg artists began meeting in each other’s homes to paint still-life paintings and to discuss and critique the art works they created. The group was incorporated as the Greensburg Art Club in 1952 as a non-profit educational organization. In 1955 the organization bought a historic, two room public school on Todd School Road, east of Greensburg. In honor of its first mentor, the Art Club named the school the Alex Fletcher Memorial Art Center. During the next few decades many art classes, workshops, and art programs were developed and taught at the Art Center. Today the Greensburg Art Club members continue to operate the Art Center (sometimes referred to as the Greensburg Art Center) under its original charter.