Creative Health Impact Grant Open for 2020-2021 Year
The Creative Health Impact Grant (CHIG) application for the 2020-2021 year is currently open. Provided by the 1889 Foundation, these grant funds support health and wellness-related arts activities that could include but are not limited to exhibitions, performances, festivals, arts classes, and other programs. The CHIG program is designed to foster connections between the arts and wellness in Cambria and Somerset Counties. This is the fifth year of an ongoing commitment by the 1889 Foundation to fund this grant initiative.
Local non-profit organizations that have health and wellness initiatives may apply for up to $6,000 in funding to support arts projects, performance activities, exhibitions, and other activities that relate to health and wellness. Funded events must take place between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021. Funded projects must take place in either Cambria or Somerset County. The deadline for grant submission is April 24, 2020.
FOR THE 2020-2021 YEAR:
- Any organization interested in applying for grant funds must schedule a pre-application meeting (either by phone or in person) with PRAA’s Executive Director to discuss the scope of the program or project.This meeting must take place no less than 3 weeks before the grant submission deadline of April 24, 2020. Applications from organizations that did not schedule this meeting will not be accepted.
- Grant Workshop for the 2020-2021 Grant Year: A free grant workshop is scheduled for Monday March 16 from 2 to 4 PM at Laurel View Village, 2000 Cambridge Drive, Davidsville PA 15928. This workshop is designed to give grant applicants an opportunity to learn more about the grant process, review the grant application, and ask questions about the grant. Attendance at this grant workshop will not be counted as the required pre-application meeting to discuss an applicant’s grant request. Please register for the grant workshop by phoning the PRAA office at or contact us.
Complete grant information, including guidelines, eligibility, and the full grant application and instructions can be found by clicking here.
- Creative Health Impact Grant Awards Announced for 2021-2022 Year November 23, 2021
- Citizens for the Arts in Pennsylvania June 16, 2021
- Using Twitter May 17, 2021
- #Hashtags May 3, 2021
- Instagram 101 April 19, 2021